Thursday, September 2, 2010

So here is how it begins...


Since everything starts in school.. I thought I'll start off this blog penning down my Stanes School anthem, and my David House song..

STANES SCHOOL ANTHEM

Land of our birth we pledge to thee

Our love and toil in the years to be;

When we are grown and take our place,

As men and women with our race.


Father in heaven, who lovest all,

O help Thy children when they call

That they may build from age to age An undefiled heritage.


Teach us delight in simple things,

And mirth that has no bitter springs;

Forgiveness free of evil done.

And love to all men neath the Sun!


Land of our birth, our faith our pride,

For whose dear sake our fathers died;

O motherland we pledge to thee.

Head, heart and hands through the years to be!




DAVID HOUSE SONG (YELLOW HOUSE)

Marching onward, marching forward

'Tis the song we ever sing

"Mite to might " is David’s motto

From a shepherd to a king

Humble service

Cheerfully given

Courage to be true and strong

Faith in God will ever lead us onward

Help us strive to right each wrong.



So thus I remember life as it were.. with the green hills around me, the wattle groves and the tea estates. The mixed symphony of eucalyptus and pines that wafted up with the evening breeze right into our dorm. The study-halls that were never full, and the book room where girls never stopped gossiping amidst the cacophony from the piano. And who can forget the old love-tree (I am not sure if it stands any more, with all the construction that has happened) where hearts got made or broke. It was through this memory that I begin my sojourn to acquire, to learn, and to benefit. If not me, I wish for a universe that abounds with my memories, and my thoughts.. a level ground to run out any conquer any time I choose too, and welcome those who want to enter these misty lands, eager for adventure, and ready never to go back. This is how it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment